News and Information
News & Information
Why You Need Design Thinking as Part of Your Business Planning
The most successful companies like AirBnB, Nike, Pepsi, Google, & Apple have all embraced design thinking. These companies use design thinking to rekindle creativity, narrow down focus areas & communicate goals with clarity. Many of the companies are adopting design leadership for driving important business decisions.
Some ways that Design Thinking and Practice can improve your organisation and create an impact are:
- Helps you to identify the right problem
- It's not always about creating new products or services - it's about providing the right solutions to address the real problems. The process involves interacting with the users, either your employees, colleagues or clients/consumers, and developing a deep understanding of their current environment and situation. The methodology delves into identifying the right questions to address and solve the core problem that is important to the users.
- Fostering team collaboration and innovation
- New and innovative ideas for developing better products or services can come about from brainstorming, interactions and getting everyone to contribute. Applying team-based collaboration through design thinking can help to get people together and aligned with common goals that can increase productivity.
- Staying fresh and ahead of the competition
- By developing a structured approach through design thinking, teams will often be able to find innovative solutions that puts users at the heart. By developing compelling designs that put the users first, Apple has been able to stay ahead of its competitors in many areas through its strong differentiation.
- Improving the user experience & interaction
- Design thinking can be employed to create pleasant and interactive touch points to influence your users in a positive manner. The easier it is for users to interact and get their matters done, the more positive the perception of your business. When prospective users can see a visualisation of their solution with your business, it's definitely much easier for them to say 'Yes!'.
Content contextualised from "10 Ways to Use Design Thinking for Driving Business"
Many business leaders are now using Design Thinking to influence their business decisions - building solutions with a deep understanding of their users, goals, behaviours and motivations, so what are you waiting for? SCCIOB's WSQ Diploma in Design (Business) enables managers to create lasting value for their organisation and users with skills that are highly impactful such as:
- Behavioural Economics in Design
- Design Thinking Practice
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Critical Thinking
- Business Model Innovation
- Trend Forecasting
- Scenario and Strategic Planning
If you need to further develop more innovative thinking within your organsation, the WSQ Diploma in Design (Innovation) will empower you with the skills to push transformative and sustainable growth - just by thinking out of the box. Pick up skills to lead a team effectively in generating new ideas such as:
- Empathetic Design
- Narrative Design
- Conceptual Thinking
- Systems Thinking
- Imagination and Exploration
- Business Presentation Delivery
For more information, call us at +65 63341080 or drop us an enquiry today!
As Supply Chain Patterns Evolve, ASEAN is More Relevant than Ever
Already a key driver of global economic growth, ASEAN’s trade and innovation hub status is set to help propel it to become the world’s fourth largest economy by 2030....
The Growth of Wealth Management and the Need for Business Mandarin in a Post-Covid Economy
With an increasing number of affluent Chinese looking to move their money to Singapore, either through the setup of family offices or other options, it's important that wealth management professionals are able to communicate and work effectively with their clients.
SFEC: What is it and how does it work for you?
The SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC) encourages employers to invest in enterprise transformation and capabilities of their employees....
Lunar New Year 2021 Operating Hours
Our operating hours during the Lunar New Year 2022...
Diploma Graduates and Book Prize Award Recipients 2021
Congratulations to SCCIOB's Diploma Graduates and Book Prize Award Recipients for 2021!...
What are Your Resolutions for 2022?
A new year is coming up, are you prepared to face the new challenges in 2022?...
Do You Have Enough Digital Skills for Today's Markets?
According to a survey report, Singapore’s economy would need another 1.2 million digitally skilled workers by 2025, representing a 55 per cent jump from the present 2.2 million in the workforce...
The Future of Retail Marketing in the New Normal
The retail sector has been one of the worst affected by COVID-19 restrictions. But as the pandemic progressed, buyers flocked online to buy everything from food to fitness equipment, leading to a surge in e-commerce....
Why Business Mandarin is Critical in the Banking Industry
If you’re a finance professional in Singapore and you speak business-level Mandarin, you are now more sought after than ever. But not enough Singaporeans know Mandarin well enough to land a job that requires regular communication with Chinese clients and colleagues...
Why is Translation and Interpretation important in a Global Market?
To succeed globally, businesses must communicate with international audiences as flawlessly as a local company would. Making your content resonate in a market's native language may involve intepretation services, translation and localization - or both, especially in a Chinese context....
Expand your Marketability through the Chinese Consumer Market
Leverage on over one billion potential customers by developing your business and promotion strategy through honing your business acumen towards Chinese customers...
Lunar New Year 2021 Operating Hours
Our operating hours during the Lunar New Year...
China's Growth Continues in 2021, what about you?
This is the best time to take stock of your ability to tackle the Chinese market through your command of Business Mandarin....
Getting on the Digital Platform - The New Frontier for Everyone
The landscape for many industries, especially those that depend on the B2C (Business to Consumer) model, has changed, are you ready to go digital?...
Diploma Graduates and Book Prize Award Recipients 2020
Congratulations to SCCIOB's Diploma Graduates and Book Prize Award Recipients for 2020!...
Enrich your Knowledge Base in Retail E-Commerce
Gain the managerial and supervisory skilles to optimise e-commerce operations & skills in a retail setting!...
Learning to Learn - Everyone should have the courage to re-gear to stay on track
Learners need to have the right mindset and the eagerness to overcome the challenges of learning new content in order to ensure job security in the face of the pandemic and other economic challenges.
The global jobs crisis and why we should think longer term
As the job landscape changes, takes more than just one area of support to ensure that the economy continues to grow and support Singaporeans....
Manage Venues Effectively with the Diploma in Tourism!
As a venue manager, you are the first point of contact for your venue when it comes to queries and questions. It goes without saying, you must know everything there is to know about the venue, from the endless possibilities of seating arrangements to the food options to the various health and safety protocols....
Staying Relevant during the COVID-19 Phase 1 Period
SCCCI and SCCIOB organised two programmes for SCCCI members to keep themselves updated during the Phase 1 Circuit Breaker period....
SCCIOB Preps for Circuit Breaker Phase 1
We are prepared to ensure your training is not disrupted during this period....
Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business Annual Report 2019
Leveraging its strengths to grow beyond the core business, focusing on technological innovation and digitalisation, improving courses and preparing for possible disruptive changes, so as to remain a leading training provider in Singapore....
Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business Annual Report 2018
SCCIOB continues to leverage its strengths, envisioning new ways to grow within and beyond its core business so as to remain steadfast as an industry leader among training providers in Singapore....
SCCIOB caters to the learning and development needs of a wide variety of corporate staff, including government officials, industry/company leaders & senior managers, working professionals and executives.Sign Up Today