WSQ Diploma in Tourism
Equips learners to pursue careers in the BTMICE industry, from the managerial and business facets to the delivery of a safe, successful, profitable and customer focused event as per customer expectations.
- Suitable for those seeking further knowledge in the field of MICE tourism as well as those looking to enter the industry sector.
- Equips learners in pursuing a career in the Business Travel, Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Events (BTMICE) industry.
- Suitable for those seeking further knowledge in the field of BTMICE.
- Provides an insight to the managerial and business facets of the BTMICE industry.
- Learn to deliver a safe, successful and customer-focused event per customer expectations
This WSQ diploma comprises 7 modules.
Course Participant Requirements
- Minimum O or N level with at least 2 years of work experience in supervisory or leadership position
- Able to speak, listen, read and write English at a proficiency level of the Employability Skills WSQ Level 5 WPL (Comprehensive) including numeracy skill
- Preferably between 21 and 63 years old,
- For applicants above 63 years old, he/she has to be
- Employed in the related industries together with a company recommendation letter.
- Physically fit enough to manage the job requirements of the Tourism or relevant industries
- All course modules must be completed in sequence
- Course materials for e-learning based classes will be digital only
- Course Fee before Funding, subject to 7% GST - $3,630.00
|Course Support Period||10 June 2022 to 09 June 2024||10 June 2022 to 09 June 2024|
Events Planning and Management
Develop, manage and execute event plans according to agreed timelines and budgetary requirements. Manage implementation of integrated plans for multiple events to ensure cohesive planning
No DateLearn more
Identify sponsorship requirements and organise activities according to sponsorship and financial parameters. Facilitate acquisition of sponsorship opportunities and timely execution of sponsorship agreements.
Delegates and Participants Management
Manage policies and procedures for the management, registration and engagement of participants, including participants’ travel management. Develop procedures to manage participants.
Manage vendor relationships by ensuring performance as per contracts, operations within standards established by the organisation such as adherence to safety, security, compliance standards. Develop and sustain vendor relationships and manage vendor performance.
Crowd Control and Planning
Manage crowd control within defined boundaries including crowd control planning and risk mitigation strategies. Develop plans and procedures for effective crowd control.
Accident and Incident Response Management
Deploy tools, procedures and resources to respond to accidents and incidents efficiently. Oversee the management of accidents and incidents, from planning to command and control in emergency response centres.
Build consensus, maintain the best interests of the organisation and utilise knowledge of conflict management techniques to diffuse tensions and achieve resolutions effectively
SCCIOB caters to the learning and development needs of a wide variety of corporate staff, including government officials, industry/company leaders & senior managers, working professionals and executives.Sign Up Today