WSQ Diploma in Tourism (Venue Management and Operations)
Equips learners to apply essential knowledge and skills pertaining to execute the event from the venue perspective. It aims to deepen & broaden the skillset of PMEs practising in the sector as well as those planning to join the sector.
- Enhance skills in planning, managing, organising and coordinating of venue operations from venue handover to takeover and setup to teardown, resource allocation and management, equipment procurement and distribution, and the skills to ensure clientele satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Deepen knowledge and increase ability in idea generation and selection, project management, manpower planning, resource management, workplace health and safety performance management, and managing stakeholders in providing go the extra mile services aspects of an event
This WSQ diploma comprises 7 modules.
Course Participant Requirements
- Minimum O or N level with at least 2 years of work experience in supervisory or leadership position
- Able to speak, listen, read and write English at a proficiency level of the Employability Skills WSQ Level 5 WPL (Comprehensive) including numeracy skill
- Preferably between 21 and 62 years old,
- For applicants above 62 years old, he/she has to be
- Employed in the related industries together with a company recommendation letter.
- Physically fit enough to manage the job requirements of the Tourism or relevant industries
- All course modules must be completed in sequence
- Course materials for e-learning based classes will be digital only
- Course Fee before Funding, subject to 7% GST - $3,420.00
|Course Support Period||06 Jun 2020 to 04 Aug 2022|
Idea Generation and Selection
Facilitate brainstorming discussions, encourage idea generation and share opinions so as to evaluate and shortlist new methods, procedures, techniques or systems according to business needs
No DateLearn more
Identifying event scopes, objectives and requirements to develop detailed project plans through the executing process in event initiation, event planning, event implementation, and event control, completion and review.
Equips learners to make use of tools and techniques to monitor resource usage, and apply various methods to improve resource management.
MICE Equipment Management and Venue Management
Equips learners to develop purchasing, leasing and maintaining equipment service contracts and the equipment maintenance plans.
Apply statistical analysis techniques for reviewing existing workforce to forecast BTMICE industry’s manpower demand, and to implement elasticity of substitution in headcounts and people strategies in the BTMICE industry workforce.
Workplace Safety and Health Performance Management
Equips learners with skills and abilities to identify WSH security hazards, evaluate the risks, implement control measures, and to monitor, review and implement the Risk Management Plan to ensure safe BTMICE operations.
Managing Stakeholder Expectations
Equips learners with knowledge and abilities in choosing appropriate strategies and methods to promote a customer-centre environment within the organisation to achieve service excellence when managing Venue Operations.
SCCIOB caters to the learning and development needs of a wide variety of corporate staff, including government officials, industry/company leaders & senior managers, working professionals and executives.Sign Up Today