Diploma in Translation & Interpretation
Professionals who want to stay plugged in to China’s rapid economic growth, would inevitably have to sharpen their translation and interpreting skills to better engage their Chinese business partners.
The Diploma in Translation and Interpretation Skills programme is designed for professionals who aspire to increase their versatility to effectively communicate in both English and Chinese to fulfil their business goals.
With more than 1,000 graduates to date!
- DTS01 - Introduction to Linguistics
- DTS02 - Comparative English & Chinese Linguistics
- DTS03 - English-Chinese and Chinese-English Translation Theory and Practice
- DTS04 - Translation Skills for Different Genres
- DTS05 - English-Chinese and Chinese-English Interpretation Theory and Practice
- DTS06 - Integrated Translation Skills
The programme adopts a systematic and practical approach. Besides providing an in-depth and comprehensive analysis of the characteristics of English and Chinese languages, translation principles and techniques, topical practices form an integral part of the programme.
Medium of Instruction:
English and Mandarin
Digital literacy is required (e.g. have attended SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace) for participants taking online lessons
Min. Chinese Proficiency of Applicant:
- Tertiary Education (or its equivalent*).
- At least a B4 grade in GCE ‘O’ Level English or equivalent.
- At least a B3 grade in GCE 'O' Level Chinese OR a B4 grade in GCE 'O' Level Higher Chinese or equivalent.
- For other applicants whose first language is not English or Chinese, the certificate of language proficiency must be within 2 years at the time of application.
Assessment and Certification
Participants who have fulfilled 75% attendance, passed the examinations of each module and met other module assessment requirements will receive the "Diploma in Translation and Interpretation" by SCCIOB.
23th April 2021
7.00pm - 8.30pm (Friday)
Venue:Online using Zoom
3rd May 2021 to 14th April 2022
7.00pm - 10.00pm (Mondays & Thursdays)
Training Format:Delivered via synchronous e-learning
Course Materials: e-learning (digital softcopy only)
Enrolment Closing Date: 7 working days before course commencement
|Singapore Citizens (21-39 Yrs Old)
& Permanent Residents (21 & above)
|SG Citizens ≥ 40Yrs|
|Full Course Fees (incl. 7% GST)||$3,959.00||$3,959.00|
|Amount Payable (incl. 7% GST)||$2,109.00||$629.00|
Prices shown are not inclusive of application fee and/or any other additional fees that may be stipulated.
|Course fees can be offset by using your SkillsFuture Credit!|
|In-Classroom Training||Synchronous e-learning|
|Course Support Period||01 Nov 2020 to 21 May 2021||12 Mar 2003 to 21 May 2021|
SCCIOB caters to the learning and development needs of a wide variety of corporate staff, including government officials, industry/company leaders & senior managers, working professionals and executives.Sign Up Today