WSQ Tourist Guide Programme
This course is co-organized with the Singapore Chinese Tourist Guide Association and is accredited by the Singapore Tourism Board.
Provides a comprehensive training opportunity for people from all walks of life who are interested in obtaining the Singapore Tourism Board's qualified tour guide certificate, and those who intend to improve their employment opportunities and strengthen their employability.
The six Competency Unit certificates for this course are designed in accordance with the Singapore Skills and Skills Development Authority (SSG) Workforce Skills Qualification Standard (WSQ). In addition to teaching Singapore's history, multiculturalism and tourist attractions, the course content will also enhance students' group skills and communication skills.
- Minor Unit (1): Creating Customer Experience (22 hours)
- Minor Unit (2): Handle Arrival and Departure of Visitors (26 hours)
- Major Unit (1): Promote Singapore as Tourist Destination and Apply Tourism Knowledge (31 hours)
- Major Unit (2): Write Tour Commentary (23.5 hours)
- Major Unit (3): Conduct Tour (91 hours)
＊Major Units include 50 hours of e-learning
# Major Unit (1) comprises of 2 WSQ certificates
All applicants must attend an admissions interview. In addition to applicants having to meet the above admission criteria, SCCIOB will eventually take interview results as the basis for admission.
Those who are interested in working as a tourist guide or seeking employment opportunities.
- Be over 21 years of age
- Be medically fit
- Possess GCE 'O' levels certification with the required language proficiency
- Be highly proficient in the language you wish to guide in
- Basic computer skills.
Medium of Instruction:
English, with the learner's requirements being:
- GCE 'O' Level Certificate with a Min. Grade B4 in English; or
- WSQ WPL Level 6 in English Language (including listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Assessment and Certification
Participants are required to obtain the six competency unit certifications from the Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) before they can take the Singapore Tourism Board's qualification test for tour guides to obtain their Tourist Guide License.
31 May 2021
9.00am to 1.00pm
Training Format:Classroom Training
|Singapore Citizens (21-39 Yrs Old)
& Permanent Residents (21 & above)
|SG Citizens ≥ 40Yrs
|Full Course Fees (incl. 7% GST)||$5,671.00||$5,671.00|
|Amount Payable (incl. 7% GST)||$1,569.00||$901.00|
Prices shown are not inclusive of application fee and/or any other additional fees that may be stipulated.
|Course fees can be offset by using your SkillsFuture Credit!|
|Course Support Period||01 Jan 2020 to 27 Jun 2021|
SCCIOB caters to the learning and development needs of a wide variety of corporate staff, including government officials, industry/company leaders & senior managers, working professionals and executives.Sign Up Today