1. As used in this Policy:
“person” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may enter or has entered into a contract with us for the supply of any products or services by us, or (c) has submitted a job or internship application with us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information, education background, and information about your usage of and interaction with our website.
3. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act or our Terms of Service (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
4. We may collect personal data from our customers, business partners, contractors, employees and other individuals such as job applicants. We would only collect data that has been provided to us voluntarily by you.
5. These personal data may be furnished to us in forms filled out by you, face to face meetings, email messages, or telephone conversations. We may also keep a record of any contact you have with us. These data would be collected only for business purposes or for the purpose(s) stated by us when we gather the personal data from you.
7. The personal data collected may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
7.1 to operate our Website and deliver our services
7.2 to process, and where necessary, respond to your application, enquiry or request.
7.3 to inform or update you of product or services available from SCCIOB and its affiliates, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
7.4 to contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you;
7.5 to monitor, improve and administer our Website and services and to provide general statistics regarding use of our Website;
7.6 to update you on changes to our Website and services;
7.7 to provide our services and/or products to you;
7.8 as part of our business operations;
7.9 for job application and recruitment purposes;
7.10 for billing and reporting, such as for invoicing and account management purposes;
7.11 for follow-up action regarding any complaints, feedback, queries or requests received via our website or any other communication channels; and
7.12 assisting in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority.
8. SCCIOB does not sell, rent, lease, or release your personal data to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal data:
8.1 with your consent, where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you;
8.2 to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules (e.g. in an emergency or when we receive a subpoena to disclose your personal data);
8.3 to protect and defend the rights or property of SCCIOB;
8.4 under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our services, or the general public; or
8.5 with your consent, to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Paragraph 8 above for us. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal data except to provide these services to SCCIOB, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data.
9. We may also, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal data is not transferred to the third party without your explicit consent.
10. If you choose not to provide us with your personal data for the purposes listed in paragraphs 6 and 7, you may submit a request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below or indicate in the personal data collection form submitted to us (if any). Depending on the complexity of the request and its impact to our relationship with you, we will within 10 business days of your request, cease collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data in accordance with your request.
11. The purposes listed in Paragraph 6 may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Withdrawal of Consent
12. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw your consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer.
13. Depending on the complexity of the request and its impact to our relationship with you, we will cease (and instruct any of our data intermediaries and agents to cease) collecting, using or disclosing the personal data within 10 business days of our receipt of your request, unless required or authorised under applicable laws.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
14. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
15. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request in writing (including both electronic and non-electronic methods), we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
16. If your request relates to personal data which we are processing on behalf of another organisation, we will instead forward your request to the relevant organisation for their necessary action.
17. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
Protection of Personal Data
18. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to authorised third parties and agents only on a need-to-know basis. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
19. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of Personal Data
20. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete.
Retention of Personal Data
21. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Cross-border Transfers of Personal Data
22. Unless for business-related needs, we generally do not transfer your personal data to other jurisdictions. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations.
23. This Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
25. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or to fully experience the interactive features of the SCCIOB services or websites you visit.
Links to Other Websites
Data Protection Officer
27. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiry, feedback or complaint regarding our personal data protection policies and procedures, if you wish to make any request, or if you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out-dated.
28. You may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com. or call +65 63341080.
[Version 1 - 2022]